1. Your heart felt good, it was dripping pitch and made of wood / and your hands and knees felt cold and wet on the grass to me Modest Mouse - Third Planet
2. So break me to small parts / Let go in small doses / But spare some for spare parts / There might be some good onesRegina Spektor - Ode to Divorce
3. I´m talking idealism here. I would not have been so deprecating, I wouldn´t have cowered for fear of having my eyes scratched out!Alanis Morissette - Your Congratulations
4. We said we're gonna conquer new frontiers / Go and stick your bloody head in the jaws of the beast Bloc Party - Pioneers
5. You don't know me but I know you, see, you're my favorite star Jason Mraz - Who Needs Shelter?
6. I've been washing the sand with my salty tears / Searching the shore these long years / And I'll walk the sea forever moreSinead O'Connor - Jackie
Also would have accepted Placebo
since they rocked the crap out of it
7. For every star there's another one that's fading / fading away hating every bit of lifeTracy Bonham - 30 Seconds
8. If there`s one thing you can say about Mankind / There`s nothing kind about manTom Waits - Misery is the River of the World
(Come on, people! :P)
9. (We love you. We chose to. We made to. We love you.) Sufjan Stevens - They Also Mourn Who Do Not Wear Black (For The Homeless In Muskegon)
10. I look straight in the boardroom / A modern pharaoh's tomb / I'd gladly swap places / If they'd care to dive Barenaked Ladies - When I Fall
And there you have it! Just for the record, everyone should listen to Sufjan Stevens. Even you.